Thursday, August 19, 2010

xingu river

I had the pleasure of meeting Alfrado. He is lifeguard at a local beach where we swim. We started talking, and he was telling me about his home land -Brazil- and about his project that he wanted to start. There is large river down there called the Xingu River that is about to be destroyed from companies building large damns on it- leading to the native people getting their homes destroyed. He has felt that it is his obligation to bring awareness to this. So he is going to go down there and paddle board to raise money-stopping at the villages. I wont go into too much details now about it , because me and the boys ended up helping him ...we took alot of footage and John did the video editing. The day that him and I talked- he had nothing done.. he now has a video- we put up a blog (which doesnt have much on it), he has a logo and sponsors. It was really spectacular being able to help Alfrado fulfill his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment