Thursday, August 12, 2010

Website sit in




I had the privledge to sit in on a meeting with Tom about building websites. He is wanting to put up a website for one of his friends and wanted the website to be top-notch so he found the best designer on the island. It actually was a team of a couple. His wife is the one that does all the encoding and he designs it. It was really interesting listening in on it - how complex website building can be was beyond me. It taught me that I need to learn Flash.... its a must when it comes to website building. Also that the way it is encoded makes all the difference , like how fast it runs, depending if it is a certain coding it makes it easy for the client to interchange pictures easier-if it isnt in that coding than the clients has to go back to the encoder to do it. There is just so much that isnt seen and for a good website it takes ALOT of time and people that really know what they are doing. I did end up talking with Ben. He is local fine artist that is pretty well known. I ended up looking at his artwork with him on his website and it was amazing! I really like his style- it was funny because he does stuff that I really like doing- I wanted to do an all white color schemed painting and he did it using collages,layering and textures- the same stuff i wanted to do. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him about his work and how he got to the point where he has and all the different mediums he has used and what he works with now. Very inspiring. You can also see more work at his website www.benkikuyama.com

No comments:

Post a Comment